Saturday, May 5, 2007

Temper Tantrum

First of all, sorry for not writing for a while. We had our pinning ceremony at school, my family came up to visit, and then to top it all off, I got really sick for two days. But I'm starting to feel better. As part of feeling better, I was puttering around my apartment and tidying it up. Now I live with 4 other roommates. We have a very large place. As I've been in school, I've felt the need to save money. Hence 4 roommates and I live in a very run down place.

But run down or not, there's no need to live in filth. Our kitchen today qualified as living in filth. There were so many dirty dishes in the sink that no one else could wash. There was mail scattered all over the place. The trash had been emptied, but no bag put in and someone had left two bags of groceries sitting out.

So I had a small kitchen temper tantrum. Groceries went in front of one roommates room. Any unidentifiable random crap, in the trash. All the plastic cups, tupperware, vases, beer and wine glasses that had been sitting there waiting to be washed for a month are now in the trash. Mail that has been out for a week is now in the trash. I washed anything that isconceivably mine or that I want to keep. I even tossed out some mugs that I don't particularly like and that have been sitting there for a month. It was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. There's a pile of dishes left that belong to one particular roommate that are in one area. I felt like the parent who gets frustrated when the kids don't pick up and throws out the toys instead.

I am counting down the days until our gas gets turned off. We all contribute equally and each take a bill. For some reason, the gas bill keeps going in increasingly late and it hasn't been fully paid in three months. It's not my name on it, so I don't mind. I can't wait to get a job so that I can move. When I move, I am buying a cat. I can't wait. At least then I will be living in my own filth.

No comments: